Note that this product listing is only for 9 CEs for those who registered for and participated fully in the 2022 Jung in the Heartland Conference Reimagined: Our Polarized Culture, Healing the Individual and the Collective.
- If you have not registered for the conference, you can do so here.
- Participants will be able to identify the basic characteristics of cultural complexes.
- Participants will be able to identify archetypal defenses of the group spirit as a primary human response to challenges to group identity and security.
- Participants will be able to identify how certain cultural complexes become trigger issues that are amplified by social media and the internet.
- Participants will be able to differentiate the psychological factors responsible for extreme polarization in the collective.
- Participants will be challenged to engage with what Robert Lifton calls our “National Reality Disorder” and to see how it manifests as a major psychological defense against feelings.
- Participants will be able to apply the insights of Ernest Becker’s Denial of Death to better understand the defenses behind the culture wars that currently besiege the body politic.
- Participants will learn how the inner world of the traumatized psyche manifests in the collective when fear is heightened in the population.
- Participants will be able to differentiate three levels of the psyche that are constantly intermingling: individual, cultural, and archetypal.
- Participants will be able to see a connection between cultural complexes and the experience of soul in America at the collective level of the psyche.
- Participants will be able to contextualize the role of imagination in the healing of splits in the individual and group psyche.